January 3rd, 2011
|07:35 am - Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr|
Yeah, so my journal is now friends locked. For various reasons. Happy New Year!!!
December 22nd, 2010
|07:56 am - Whatever blows your skirt up!|
Today's task is to list three turn-ons. So here are three things that will make my knees go weak and turn me to silly putty in your hands. Not surprisingly, they are from the same list of things that will win my heart.
1. Talk to me
2. Be funny and think I'm funny
3. Hugs and kisses
Pretty kinky huh?
This week is going extremely slowly despite the fact that I'm extremely busy. Blargh.
Current Mood: tired
December 21st, 2010
|07:42 am - 4 thingzzz that won't light my fire|
Today's task is to list four turn-offs.
In no particular order:
1. Dirty, unkempt, scungy feet
2. Unwillingness to support oneself
4. Poor dental hygiene
For Christmas I would like peace on Earth, cures for diseases and an end to poverty. I would like to RETURN several gifts from the last few years: the wrinkles, the love handles and those jowly things that are becoming more and more pronounced. On you, they're cute. On me, not so much. Seriously, I don't need them. Thanks,
Current Mood: sleepy
December 13th, 2010
|10:08 am - Nine Things About Me|
1. I grew up on a farm. I'm dang proud of that. I still work in agriculture. I'm feeding you, bitches! Food doesn't come from grocery stores.
2. I have a raunchy sense of humor that tends to assert itself in innappropriate situations.
3. I prefer beer and pizza over merlot and prime rib.
4. Preparing a meal for 100+ people is something I consider "fun".
5. I am as athletic as a large boulder
6. I could eat soup every day and be pleased.
7. I do not like chocolate and mint together. I realize this is bizarre.
8. I can't sleep with anything on my legs. Pajamas are not a good gift idea for me.
9. I am extremely impatient. This hasn't improved as I age. I just hide it better.
Current Mood: content
November 3rd, 2010
|03:54 pm - Steig Larsson Books|
One additional word about the "The Girl..." books by Mr. Larsson. Both the heroine and the hero openly have open relationships. The heroine is bi-sexual and has sort of a steady girlfriend, but is also involved with the hero. The hero is involved with another main character who is married and whose husband is supportive of her relationship with the hero. The hero has also had a few other encounters in the course of the story, all of whom were aware of his relationships with the heroine and the other character.
That's not why I started reading these books but it's refreshing to find this subject written about so candidly and without a feeling of "taboo".
Current Mood: contemplative
November 1st, 2010
|11:07 am - Writer's Block: You can't take that away from me!|
If you had to go an entire week without TV, music, or your mobile phone, which would you choose, and why?
TV for sure. I can find so many other ways to entertain myself.
Current Mood: chipper
October 26th, 2010
|12:13 pm - GLEEK|
Ok, I don't watch much TV. I despise reality shows and haven't really enjoyed a sitcom since Seinfield went kaput. I've recently gotten into Burn Notice and since moving, now have HBO and am trying to catch up on True Blood (I've read all the published "Dead..." books by Charlaine Harris, which BTW are great, quick, funny reads if you are just looking for escapist fiction). But truly, I'd rather read or be outside or find other forms of entertainment rather than TV.
HOWEVER! I have unashamedly, to the point of obsessively insisting EVERYONE ELSE watch it too, become enthralled with Glee. It is IMHO the best prime time show on TV at the moment. The talent of the characters is amazing and every episode has a great message about acceptance and believing in yourself and all that self-esteem stuff. If you enjoy watching people sing and dance, you should watch it for that alone.
And tonight, in honor of Halloween, they are performing scenes from the Rocky Horror Picture Show!!! How can it get any better than that??
So...watch it. Or DVR it. Seriously. 8:00pm EST on FOX. It's just fun. And who can't use a little fun in their life?
Current Mood: cheerful
October 21st, 2010
|11:32 am - Temporary ADHD|
Is it the full moon? I have a crapload of stuff to do at work and CANNOT focus worth a damn. Just thought I'd tell everyone.
Current Mood: indifferent
October 20th, 2010
|08:10 am - Writer's Block: Torn between two lovers|
Have you ever fallen in love with two people at once? How did it work out?
Yes. It worked fine. Everyone knew about everyone else and everyone was cool. It CAN be done. For more on this subject, GOOGLE Polyamory.
Current Mood: annoyed
October 5th, 2010
|07:47 am - Memeness - Color me silly.|
Comment and I'll give you a color that I think represents you, and then you list ten things you like in that color!
sageautumn gave me Purple!! (and yes, my dear, I would like to know why you chose this color for me.)
1. Amethysts - my birthstone
2. Big, purple, seedless grapes; crispy and crunchy ones - om nom nom
3. Early morning or late evening sky
4. A soft, fuzzy lavender sweater that I have
5. Grape bubble gum
9. Concord grape juice
10. The bridesmaid dress I wore in my brother's-in-law wedding (yes, I actually liked a bridesmaid dress. I still have it.)
Current Mood: okay